Important: Disconnect power before servicing or attempting to troubleshoot any lighting fixture!
- Check to make sure there is power going to the fixture. All of our LED drivers (except fixtures intended for POE connection) operate on 120-277 volt AC power. Some units for Canada may contain 347 volt drivers. Ensure that the disconnect plug is fully connected.
- Check for proper polarity, black from driver is (+) AC power input, white wire is neutral (-).
- Most LED drivers we use are NOT suitable for use with Triac or other line voltage type dimming controls. Connection of AC power leads to any type of dimming control may damage the driver and void the warranty.
- Purple and gray (now pink) wires are for connection to 0-10 volt type dimming controls only! Connecting these wires to AC power will cause driver failure and void the driver warranty.
- Make sure LED board disconnect is plugged into driver – many models contain these to facilitate easy removal of the LED board trays during fixture installation.
- If equipped with one piece emergency battery backup, ensure that the small battery connector plugs are connected to each other. For two part battery backup units ensure that the charger module in plugged into battery pack.
- Check wire connections at the driver – these are often poke-in type terminal connections which may have loosened during shipping and handling.
- Check connections at the boards – connections are made by pushing the wire into the terminals at the ends of the board arrays and may loosen or dislodge during handling or shipping. If one board lights on a two board array, check that the interconnect wires are fully inserted into the connectors. This applies to the connections between the individual boards as well. Some board to board connections are made with interconnect pins. The pin should be centered between the connectors. Intermittent operation of one board may be caused by incomplete connection between boards as the board temperature increases during operation.
- LED boards may be wired in parallel, series or a combination of the two. DO NOT ALTER FACTORY WIRING!
- Contact factory for LED board and driver replacement parts. Most LED drivers we use require programming on specialized equipment to set drive currents and other operating parameters to match the exact board type installed. DO NOT INSTALL ‘OFF THE SHELF’ DRIVERS or LED boards without confirming the proper drive currents, wattage and forward voltage.
OCCU-SMART® FIXTURE ISSUES
For complete troubleshooting regarding Occu-Smart® fixtures, please download our Occu-Smart® Troubleshooting Guide
For complete installation of our Voyager (VOLG3) Series, please download our LED Occu-Smart instruction sheet PDF
For complete installation of our Voyager (VOLG5) Series, please download our LED Occu-Smart instruction sheet PDF
For issues not listed on this page please call our technical service department @ 631-777-7700 or email [email protected]